Sabtu, 25 Oktober 2008

Aztec Gods-Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli (Lord of Mictlan) God of death and the underworld (Mictlan, or “place of the dead”), he is identified with gloom and darkness. He is frequently represented as a skeleton with bloody spots. He is married to Mictlancihuatl. Quetzalcoatl fought with Mictlantecuhtli to retrieve the bones of human beings of the previous era and create them again in the present era, the fifth sun. This battle symbolized the constant interaction and duality between life and death.

1 komentar:

Debrinconcita mengatakan...

I have alway's been interested in different Culture's than my own. I have just found this page and this blog and I want to learn all that I can. I have alway's admired the Aztec people and Mayan's and other Native people, especially cause I am Native American lady from Oregon State.USA. Thanks for having this to see and learn about.